Wheatland-March 16, March 24, March 30, April 6
Riga- March 17 March 23, March 31
The Giros are a club training series. You may participate in the Giros by being a member of the GVCC. In order to become an active member of the GVCC and participate in the Giros you must do one of the following:
- Sign up for a Winter and Spring membership
- Sign up for a Full Year membership
You must register for the club at least 2 days before you plan to participate in any GVCC event.
- Registration opens at 9:40 a.m. and closes at 10:00 a.m. All riders must submit a GVCC Waiver and Release of Liability Form.
- Registration and parking will be at the Transportation Building of the Wheatland Chili High School (Scottsville, NY). Please make use of the available restrooms for nature breaks. The address is: 50 Chili Ave., Scottsville, NY 14546
- A pre-race briefing will begin around 10:00 a.m. and roll out will be no later than 10:05 am. Please plan your warm-ups accordingly. All riders must SIGN-IN each race day and attend the briefing. After the briefing, we will rollout as a group to the start point. If you are late – you cannot ride with the group. These are insured training rides so you must check in at the Transportation Building before every race. Anyone who does not sign in each time they ride will not be welcome to ride any other Giros.
- Maps of the courses can found here: Wheatland, Riga. Please disregard the parking symbols as the parking is at the Transportation Building, and not at the race course. The Transportation Building closes at 12:30 p.m., so bear that in mind if you plan to use the facilities after the race.
- In the event that weather causes a race cancellation, we will make every effort to notify you of the cancellation by 8:30 a.m. on gvccracing.com, twitter, and Facebook.
Categories: Two Groups, A (cat 1-3) and B (cat 4-5). Women, cat 1-3 may choose to ride with the B group.
Description: These are training events with roads open to traffic. All rules of the road apply. Some intersections may have marshals, but they will only flag riders to stop for cars, not stop vehicle traffic. Event length will be approximately 50 miles in total length. Road bikes are recommended and helmets are mandatory.
These rides will depart no later than 10:05. SO – that means registration will NOT be open after 10. If you are late – you cannot ride with the group. These are insured training rides so you must check in every week. Anyone who does not sign in each time they ride will not be welcome to ride any other Giros.