Posted on | March 5, 2015 | No Comments
The Spring Giros are scheduled to start this weekend (weather permitting).
Staging and registration is at the Wheatland Chili High School Transportation Building, 50 Chili Ave., Scottsville, NY 14546.
Sign in: opens at 9:40 a.m. and closes at 10:00 a.m.
Fees: $35 for WHOLE or partial series. SAME fee for 1 or 8 events. Payment in full required at first time you sign in. $10/entry supports G2 development program.
To ensure efficient sign-in, please have ready:
• Valid 2015 USAC license
• Current GVCC Membership
• Cash or check – $35.00 for whole or partial series
Rides depart no later than 10:05 am (after announcements).
Keep an eye on Twitter and the website for status updates. Safety comes first so weather conditions dictate whether or not we race. Cancellations will be reported by 8:30 AM on day of event. No update means we’re on.
Dry roads / cold weather … good to go.
Wet roads (rain or snow) and even close to 32 degrees – likely cancelled.
Snow covered roads or frozen runoff … Ride is cancelled.
Questions – email@example.com
Posted on | February 22, 2015 | No Comments
Posted on | February 14, 2015 | No Comments
Thanks to CycleweRx of Rochester for hosting the GVCC Season Prologue.
Results are in!
Posted on | February 13, 2015 | No Comments
Attending both days can be used to gain THREE (3) race experience days for category 4 upgrade purposes and 3 points for category 3 upgrades.
- Cost: $10 non-refundable. If canceled due to dangerous weather, registration is donated to “Jonathan Dechau Legacy Foundation” (501c3 junior fund)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Upgrade Clinic Reg” in the message title to reserve a place and receive payment submission information. Reservation is not complete until payment is received.
Posted on | January 25, 2015 | No Comments
Through the G-tour, GVCC strives to provide a competitive racing atmosphere where riders have opportunities to train with like-skilled riders, improving both their fitness levels and competitive racing skills. We are making some changes this year to create a more evenly matched competitive experience for riders, ease the strain of assigning marshals, ensure field sizes remain balanced, reduce escalating insurance costs, and free up resources to draw in new members and hold recruitment events.
For 2015, GVCC will have three fields:
- As (USAC Category 1, 2 & 3 licensed riders)
- Bs (USAC Category 4 licensed riders)
- Cs (USAC Category 4 & 5 licensed riders and non-licensed beginners)
Women may race with their USAC category or one field/category down.
All three fields will race on the same night. Tuesdays will be the primary race night with occasional events on Wednesdays and Thursdays (see Schedule for specifics).
As riders progress through the ranks, they keep their season points, and are ranked against the field in which they finish.
The last field in which the rider participated determines end-of-season awards.
Example: Cat 5 rider Sammy Sprinter consistently finishes in the top 5 of the C field, stacking up 64 points by mid-season. He also satisfies USAC requirements to upgrade to Cat 4. Sammy takes the 64 points with him to the B field. Throughout the rest of the season, he accumulates another 42 points … ending the season with 106 points. When the Cat 4 points are tallied, Sammy ends up third with the Cat 4 riders (B field).
Points are weighted differently from field to field (see below). Primes and Individual Time Trial points are not weighted.
- Riders cannot race in a category lower than their USAC category. If a rider prefers to race in a lower category, he/she should consult with the Race Director.
- Riders advance to the next level with a USAC category upgrade or when the GVCC Race Director requests a rider advance due to consistently strong results.
- Cat 4 licensed riders may choose either the B or C field and, at their discretion and with consistently strong results in the B field, may advance to the A field.
Posted on | January 24, 2015 | No Comments
GVCC and CycleweRx of Rochester are proud to present the 2015 GVCC Season Prologue Race and course preview!
Be one of the first to race a new GVCC course, competing for the first points of the season and prizes offered through CycleweRx of Rochester.
- Saturday, February 14, 2015 – three time-slots
- 8 am – 10 am
- 11 am – 1 pm
- 2 pm – 4 pm
- It’s a virtual race of one of GVCC’s newest courses using CycleweRx indoor Cycling Performance Center and CompuTrainer technology.
- As a Season Prologue, points will be awarded per category and will count toward your total season points.
- CycleweRx of Rochester - 1344 University Ave, Rochester NY 14607
- Located inside CrossFit Paradigm Performance
- Free parking on University and behind the building. If parking behind the building, use the entrance/dock marked with the Axis sign.
WHAT TO BRING:
- 2 Water Bottles
- Riding Gear (shoes, bibs, jersey)
COST: $15 per rider
REGISTRATION: Sign-up through BikeReg. Don’t delay, spots are limited to 8 people per time-slot. Pre-Registration is REQUIRED!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- With this event, you’re virtually competing on an actual GVCC course with video, live tracking of your performance, simulated racing with resistance to match the course, and rider-to-rider competition.
Posted on | January 11, 2015 | No Comments
Many new changes are coming to the 2015 GVCC season including new courses, a streamlined registration process, and member benefits. Keep checking back here for updates. Registration will open on February 1st, 2015.
Posted on | November 19, 2014 | No Comments
29 GVCC members attended Monday’s Annual Meeting. Below are documents reviewed at the meeting:
- Brent Blazey – re-elected as Vice President
- Michael Deats – re-elected as President
- Continued desire for new courses for both road and TT
- Marshal Enforcement – Continue with member suspension and requirement to make up missed date plus one additional date.
- Recruitment – Several ideas were shared regarding recruitment, interaction with other cycling groups, shops, colleges, etc.
- Literature in each shop
- Web redesign
Thank you to each of you who participated in the surveys and/or attended the meeting. Additional information will be shared after the board meetings next month.
MSDkeep looking »