Posted on | January 24, 2015 | No Comments
GVCC and CycleweRx of Rochester are proud to present the 2015 GVCC Season Prologue Race and course preview!
Be one of the first to race a new GVCC course, competing for the first points of the season and prizes offered through CycleweRx of Rochester.
- Saturday, February 14, 2015 – three time-slots
- 8 am – 10 am
- 11 am – 1 pm
- 2 pm – 4 pm
- It’s a virtual race of one of GVCC’s newest courses using CycleweRx indoor Cycling Performance Center and CompuTrainer technology.
- As a Season Prologue, points will be awarded per category and will count toward your total season points.
- CycleweRx of Rochester - 1344 University Ave, Rochester NY 14607
- Located inside CrossFit Paradigm Performance
- Free parking on University and behind the building. If parking behind the building, use the entrance/dock marked with the Axis sign.
WHAT TO BRING:
- 2 Water Bottles
- Riding Gear (shoes, bibs, jersey)
COST: $15 per rider
REGISTRATION: Sign-up through BikeReg. Don’t delay, spots are limited to 8 people per time-slot. Pre-Registration is REQUIRED!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- With this event, you’re virtually competing on an actual GVCC course with video, live tracking of your performance, simulated racing with resistance to match the course, and rider-to-rider competition.
Posted on | January 25, 2015 | No Comments
Through the G-tour, GVCC strives to provide a competitive racing atmosphere where riders have opportunities to train with like-skilled riders, improving both their fitness levels and competitive racing skills. We are making some changes this year to create a more evenly matched competitive experience for riders, ease the strain of assigning marshals, ensure field sizes remain balanced, reduce escalating insurance costs, and free up resources to draw in new members and hold recruitment events.
For 2015, GVCC will have three fields:
- As (USAC Category 1, 2 & 3 licensed riders)
- Bs (USAC Category 4 licensed riders)
- Cs (USAC Category 4 & 5 licensed riders and non-licensed beginners)
Women may race with their USAC category or one field/category down.
All three fields will race on the same night. Tuesdays will be the primary race night with occasional events on Wednesdays and Thursdays (see Schedule for specifics).
As riders progress through the ranks, they keep their season points, and are ranked against the field in which they finish.
The last field in which the rider participated determines end-of-season awards.
Example: Cat 5 rider Sammy Sprinter consistently finishes in the top 5 of the C field, stacking up 64 points by mid-season. He also satisfies USAC requirements to upgrade to Cat 4. Sammy takes the 64 points with him to the B field. Throughout the rest of the season, he accumulates another 42 points … ending the season with 106 points. When the Cat 4 points are tallied, Sammy ends up third with the Cat 4 riders (B field).
Points are weighted differently from field to field (see below). Primes and Individual Time Trial points are not weighted.
- Riders cannot race in a category lower than their USAC category. If a rider prefers to race in a lower category, he/she should consult with the Race Director.
- Riders advance to the next level with a USAC category upgrade or when the GVCC Race Director requests a rider advance due to consistently strong results.
- Cat 4 licensed riders may choose either the B or C field and, at their discretion and with consistently strong results in the B field, may advance to the A field.
Posted on | January 11, 2015 | No Comments
Many new changes are coming to the 2015 GVCC season including new courses, a streamlined registration process, and member benefits. Keep checking back here for updates. Registration will open on February 1st, 2015.
Posted on | November 19, 2014 | No Comments
29 GVCC members attended Monday’s Annual Meeting. Below are documents reviewed at the meeting:
- Brent Blazey – re-elected as Vice President
- Michael Deats – re-elected as President
- Continued desire for new courses for both road and TT
- Marshal Enforcement – Continue with member suspension and requirement to make up missed date plus one additional date.
- Recruitment – Several ideas were shared regarding recruitment, interaction with other cycling groups, shops, colleges, etc.
- Literature in each shop
- Web redesign
Thank you to each of you who participated in the surveys and/or attended the meeting. Additional information will be shared after the board meetings next month.
Posted on | November 16, 2014 | No Comments
- Both Mike and Brent are running for another two-year term.
- Rick Dalton has also accepted a nomination for the position of President.
- Voting takes place at the annual meeting. All current members are eligible to vote.
Posted on | October 27, 2014 | No Comments
GVCC is proud to be a participating sponsor of the inaugural Cross in the Amazing Maize Maze. Produced by GVCC member Gregg Griffo and permitted thru USAC, the Cross in a Maze event takes place Saturday, November 8th at Long Acre Farms in Macedon.
Posted on | October 27, 2014 | No Comments
The annual GVCC meeting will be held at the Brighton Parks and Recreation Building on Monday, November 17th at 7:00 PM. We will discuss: 2014 recap, financials, changes from this past year and feedback, as well as set forth a plan for 2014. Anyone is welcome to participate. Please ensure at least one member of every GVCC team is present at this meeting.
The two-year terms of President (Michael Deats) and Vice President (Brent Blazey) are both up for renewal. Both Mike and Brent are running for another two-year term. If there are other nominations for either of these roles, please email your nomination to email@example.com so that members can be made aware and have the opportunity to vote. Voting takes place at the annual meeting. All current members are eligible to vote.
When: Monday – November 17th @ 7:00 PM
Where: Brighton Parks & Rec (Columbus Way, Rochester, NY 14618). Access is off of S. Winton Road between Westfall Road and 590.
See you all then.
Posted on | October 15, 2014 | No Comments
Please respond soon if you wish to attend. We need to provide Mulconrys with a headcount so they can order the correct amount of delicious food. Those who attended last year know that the food and drinks were outstanding and the company even better. Come out and recognize the efforts of your fellow club members, relive the good times, and get motivated for next season!
The 2014 GVCC Awards Dinner will be Wednesday, October 22. We are pleased to return to Mulconry’s Irish Pub, 17 Liftbridge Lane East, Fairport, NY 14450. Please park in the Fairport Landing parking lot which is directly behind Mulconry’s. We have reserved the upstairs banquet room starting at 6:00 pm, with dinner at 7:00 and awards to follow. Come support those earning awards, share some stories, and enjoy great food and drink with friends. Members are welcome to bring a guest if they wish.
Dinner will be $15 payable at the door and there will be a cash bar in the upstairs banquet room.
Please RSVP via email with how many will attend.
- Chicken French
- Seared Salmon
- Baked Ziti (vegetarian)
- Roasted Potatoes
- House Salad
- Brownies and cookies
BBkeep looking »