Posted on | April 20, 2015 | No Comments
A note from former GVCC G2/Junior Abbie Sullivan:
“There is a bike club on campus, but mainly for mountain biking. Five of us decided to make an official Clarkson road cycling team so we could race. This past weekend we went up to Burlington to race UVM. For most of the guys it was their first first race. I thought it was so much fun racing in a field of all females. Class C and D raced together. I ended up placing 1st in class C (but got beat by someone from class D). This race really made me realize how much you taught me from Wednesday night rides the past few years. I know a lot more than I realized and I was really able to apply this knowledge. I also learned how much other people don’t know about bike handling and how you can’t really trust other riders to be safe. 4 of us made a break away at one point, and I felt like I had to kind of teach the other girls what to do. I just wanted to thank you for all that you have taught me in the past. I’m really enjoying the sport.”
While you may not always get to meet the G2/Juniors, their Wednesday night training rides will begin soon.
The goal of this initiative is to promote bicycle racing among responsible young athletes.
There are various ways to support the G2s:
$$$ – either with your membership renewal or separately via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org, you may donate specifically to the G2 program.
One of the hardest parts of racing is finding the equipment to race on. Many younger riders have a mountain bike, but finding an affordable road bike to try racing is difficult. As a solution, the GVCC/G2 has started an equipment donation program. You can donate complete bikes or parts so we can assemble bikes.
Here’s how it works:
- If you have old equipment that is collecting dust, outdated, or no longer in need, you can donate it! This equipment should be in very good condition though. You can drop it off at Full Moon Vista, or contact Todd Scheske.
- GVCC will cover the cost to have the bikes and or equipment professionally inspected and assembled.
- A Junior rider will contact program director, Todd Scheske about obtaining equipment.
- The bicycle or bicycle will be sold to the rider for $1 and it will be theirs to own. The rider AND parent will sign a contract stating that the equipment is GVCC property and will be returned if the rider leaves the G2 program or ages out.
- When the Junior rider is finished using the bike or parts, they donate the equipment back to the program.
It is GVCC’s next generation…GVCC’s 2-point-0… it’s the future. Wouldn’t it be something if a future Tour de France or World Champion called Rochester home? Dream big!
Posted on | April 17, 2015 | No Comments
Posted on | April 2, 2015 | No Comments
Posted on | March 28, 2015 | No Comments
The final Giro WILL take place on Sunday, March 29th.
For those who haven’t participated yet this year, $10 will get you to the start line. Getting to the finish is up to you.
Come on out tomorrow!
Posted on | March 27, 2015 | No Comments
With more snow and cold temps predicted for Saturday, we’re cancelling the Giro.
BUT — we DO plan to hold it on Sunday with sunny skies and warmer temps!
Posted on | March 22, 2015 | No Comments
Today’s Giro (Sun – Mar 22) is CANCELLED!
Marshals do NOT need to report.
The UPGRADE CLINIC is STILL ON! Attendees should meet at the school as scheduled.
Posted on | March 21, 2015 | No Comments
Week 5 Results:
- James Thompson
- Todd Scheske
- Tom Goetz
As CUMULATIVE Results:
- James Thompson (10 pts)
- Todd Scheske (8 pts)
- Jeff Lubkowski (6 pts)
- Tom Goetz (4 pts)
- Michael Cormier (3 pts)
- Dave Richardon (3 pts)
- Cory Kuhns (2 pts)
Bs Week 5 Results:
- Sean Meyer
- Paul Mattison
- Chris Schreck
Bs CUMULATIVE Results:
- Sean Meyer (15 pts)
- Paul Mattison (10 pts)
- Doug Mauro (5 pts)
- J Baker (3 pts)
- Geoff Lawrence (1 pt)
- Tim Brundage (1 pt)
- Chris Schreck (1 pt)
Posted on | March 19, 2015 | No Comments
Reading “About GVCC,” you’ll be reminded that GVCC is dedicated to the promotion and development of road racing in Monroe and the surrounding counties.
One way we do that is by giving back to the area thru race grants to local promoters.
In 2014, GVCC financially supported:
- Bristol Mountian Road Race in Memory of Mike Coyle
- Jonathan Dechau Memorial Time Trial
- FMV’s Ellison Park Cyclocross
- FMV’s Fall CX Series (Cobbs Hill, Parma, Webster)
- Cross in a Maze
We’re at it again for 2015:
- EFP Rotenberg Methods Criterium at the Zoo – 4/19 (Inaugural Event)
- Bristol Mountain Road Race – 6/21
- Rochester Crit – 8/15 (Back Again)
- FMV’s Ellison Park Cyclocross
- FMV’s Fall CX Series
- And more….
As members, not only do you get great value with an entire season of road and cyclocross cycling events, you’re also giving value to support these outstanding events!keep looking »